Pathway to Regeneration
An Astrophysicist's Journey into Food, Health, Climate, and Complexity
by Phil Gregory
This is the price your customers see. Edit list price
About the Book
"If you are vaguely aware that something is wrong with the food system but don’t know what it is or what to do about it, you should start by reading Phil Gregory’s "Pathway to Regeneration." Gregory reveals an agri-food system that has been driven to the verge of collapse by the blind pursuit of production and profits—but a system that can be restored and sustained by working with nature for the good of humanity. He accomplishes this feat logically, clearly, and concisely in less than 100 pages.” -- John Ikerd, Professor Emeritus of Agricultural Economics, University of Missouri --
“This book is an insightful collection of everything affecting our food system and a blueprint for survival. It is a must read for anyone contemplating our agricultural future.” -- Harold Steves, a founder of the British Columbia Agricultural Land Reserve, Richmond City Councillor since 1977, fifth generation organic cattle farmer --
- About the book and the author -
“Only 60 Years of Farming Left If Soil Degradation Continues.” This announcement by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization was a tipping point for Phil Gregory, Professor Emeritus of Physics and Astronomy at the University of British Columbia. In 2015, he transitioned from searching for new planets to exploring how to sustain human life on our own planet Earth.
- On this journey, Gregory kept running into the interconnections between agricultural practices, soil health, climate change, and human health. He encountered many surprises including an amazing revolution in our understanding of soil biology and nature's complexity that offers so much potential to tackle the imminent collapse of farming, climate change, and the many chronic disease epidemics.
- It is really a good news story but not one that is widely appreciated. Gregory provides a clear pathway to regenerate our relationship with the rest of the biosphere. The book is aimed at a wide audience of inquiring individuals from all walks of life.
Features & Details
- Primary Category: Medicine & Science
Project Option: 8×10 in, 20×25 cm
# of Pages: 120
- Softcover: 9781777500627
- Publish Date: May 16, 2021
- Language English
- Keywords sustainability, climate, agriculture, health, food
About the Creator
I am a Professor Emeritus in Physics and Astronomy at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada. Since 2015, I have been investigating what is necessary to allow human life to flourish on this planet for many generations and the paradigm shift required. This has been a fascinating journey into agriculture, soil biology, human health, and climate change. I am now convinced that there is a solution to food security, climate change and the explosion of chronic human diseases. The answer is regenerative organic agriculture, where we cooperate with nature’s amazing work force to restore degraded soil, sequester atmospheric carbon and grow nutritious food. My new book "Pathway to Regeneration" explains how I arrived at these conclusions and shares many of the surprising discoveries I made along the way. I have written this for an audience of family, friends, and inquiring individuals from all walks of life.