About the Book
This resource contains a framework to help churches and denominational networks determine what is most important to them and therefore how to structure a fair and effective relationship with a developer.
This tool will help to generate good conversations within the church so that members and leaders will be able to:
• Understand what matters most to you
• Come to a shared sense of priorities
• Recognize the complexities in developing a church property
• Be able to begin fruitful conversations with developers
By using this tool you will:
• Work through a process to put together a Development Desires Map based on six key factors that come up in developing church property
• Learn key tips to keep in mind when working with a developer
• Read examples of what church/developer partnerships can look like
• Find a list of important questions to ask before entering into an agreement with a developer
How to Develop Well is part of a series of tools from RootedGood helping churches navigate their economic future. Do you have questions about how new activity might impact your tax-exempt status or what taxes you may need to pay? Check out our What About Taxes?! tool as well.
We launched Rooted Good so faith-based organizations can align money and mission, reclaim their relevance in a changing world and be the Church the world needs today. We’re on a mission to equip leaders with the resources and processes they need to build their confidence and capacity as we collaborate to help the Church imagine and become something new for the good of the Other.